Forced registration in a network of the roaming partner
Steering of Roaming is a technology aimed to help MNOs in taking a decision which operator-partner network to use for subscribers in roaming. As a rule, such a choice is conditioned by a wish to use the most beneficial inter-operator tariffs, to fulfill bilateral agreements with partners and to ensure quality communication services to subscribers. One more reason to use steering technology is the fight against fraud activities.
When the SC.RoamingSteering platform receives events about subscriber's registration, it allows or prohibits registration based on parameters set. Parameters that system uses to make a decision are configured via web interface; basic set includes the following:
- List of preferred MNOs
- External MNO numbers or VLR/SGSN ranges
- Numbers or IMSI ranges of own subscribers
- Threshold values for successful registration quantity and so on
Registration control in guest networks increases loyalty of own subscribers. For example, to avoid generation of big debts from prepaid-subscribers, SC.RoamingSteering could be used only for registration at those networks which support real-time billing.
SC.RoamingSteering supports 2G/3G (SS7 MAP) and 4G networks (Diameter).
- Registration management for incoming and outcoming roamers
- Traffic distribution between roaming partners
- Integration with other MNO's VAS platforms (Welcome SMS, SS7 Firewall, etc.)
- Statistics logging and reports generation with grouping based on roaming partners, subscriber's countries of stay and other parameters as per customer's requests
- Operation and configuration management via web interface with capability to delimit access
- Operation monitoring and logging
Benefits & advantages
- Raising the incomes of MNOs through preferred networks control for roaming registration
- Reducing financial losses through forbidden registration in the networks which often take part in fraud activities
- Flexibility of steering setting for various network codes
- Easy deployment and operation management via web interface
- Capacity to manage subscriber's profile (limits for services)
- Increase of subscriber loyalty due to capability of using familiar services and transparent billing plans
Basic option of integration assumes routing of SS7 traffic at the MAP level (as per Location Update operation code) from STP or MSC.